10-Minute “Baked” Vegan Mac & Cheese
Let’s face it: baked macaroni & cheese is just so much better than the not-baked kind.
But I don’t always have the extra time to get all fancy about my macaroni and cheese by baking it. I love the chewy/sorta-crunchy top of the baked version, so to save time I substitute baking it for topping it with crushed corn flakes. It gives it that same texture as baked mac & cheese in about a quarter of the time!
- Basic Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- 1 box of macaroni noodles
- unsweetened corn flakes (I used gluten-free Erewhon Corn Flakes Cereal)
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package.
- While the noodles are boiling, make your Basic Vegan "Cheese" Sauce.
- When they are both done cooking, simply mix them together and top with crushed corn flakes and paprika (I like spicy foods, so I sometimes also add cayenne pepper!).
2 Responses to 10-Minute “Baked” Vegan Mac & Cheese
May 18th, 2012
If you're eating vegan on a budget, then buying in bulk is a great way to save. This deal is for 7.2[...]
May 14th, 2012
I can't even tell you how thankful I am for everyone's help in reaching my goal of 500[...]
May 5th, 2012
Have you ever tried serving a vegan meal for a group of non-vegans? Sunday was London's 3rd b[...]