40-Calorie Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Yes, you could use vanilla extract in this recipe to save even more calories. But I’ve found that using this dairy-free creamer gives this homemade ice cream much more flavor.
Since this ice cream is so low-cal, why not indulge a little by
drizzling smothering it in this Chocolate Nut Butter Syrup??
I have an ice cream maker, however, I realize that most people probably don’t. That’s why I made this recipe without an ice cream maker. I didn’t even try it in mine, but if you have one and use it to make this recipe- please, leave a comment and let me know how it turns out.
If you have the calories to spare, feel free to use regular dairy-free milk or even a vanilla-flavored dairy-free milk! Or chocolate milk…. chocolate coconut milk… that sounds delicious!
I love using the So Delicious Almond Plus milk because it really turns this ice cream into something healthy. I don’t mind if my daughter drinks her milk or eats it in ice cream form- it has a lot of vitamins in it and I’m just happy to give her healthy foods!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used So Delicious Unsweetened Almond Plus to make this ice cream more nutritious)
- 1 tbsp So Delicious French Vanilla Creamer
- 1 packet NuNaturals White Stevia Powder
- *optional: scrape the tiny seeds out of the inside of one vanilla bean
- Put all ingredients into an air-tight plastic container and shake well.
- Put the container into the freezer until the liquid inside is completely frozen.
- Take the container out of the freezer and then run it under hot water for a few seconds, or until it loosens enough to take the frozen mixture out. You could also freeze this in an ice cube tray and just pop the cubes out.
- Pulse in a food processor.
- Scoop the ice cream out with an ice cream scooper and serve.
*Tip: Double the recipe to make it easier to blend.
4 Responses to 40-Calorie Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
May 18th, 2012
If you're eating vegan on a budget, then buying in bulk is a great way to save. This deal is for 7.2[...]
May 14th, 2012
I can't even tell you how thankful I am for everyone's help in reaching my goal of 500[...]
May 5th, 2012
Have you ever tried serving a vegan meal for a group of non-vegans? Sunday was London's 3rd b[...]