Blueberry-Orange Scones For Two
These are sooo yummy and healthy, too! You can mix these up in literally just a couple of minutes. Since this recipe is for two scones, I love not having to get out all the big dishes that fill up my dishwasher so fast! I just mixed it up in a regular bowl and baked them on a small square cake pan.
I really need to make a sugar-free icing recipe to go with desserts like this… don’t you think??
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp oats
- 2 packets NuNaturals Stevia (edit: 1 packet of stevia is equal to about 2 tsp of sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dairy-free butter
- 3 tbsp dairy-free milk (I used unsweetened So Delicious coconut milk)
- 20 drops orange-flavored stevia (this adds a ton of flavor and I highly recommend using it if possible. If you don't have any on hand yet since it's new, try using orange zest to taste)
- 1/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
- *Optional: Make a glaze using 2 tbsp powdered sugar and a few drops of water or dairy-free milk until you get the consistency you want. You can also add more orange stevia or orange zest to the glaze.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, oats, stevia (or other sweetener), baking powder, and salt. Cut butter into the mixture.
- Add milk and orange flavored stevia (or orange zest) to the dry ingredients. It will look like there isn't enough liquid at first, but use your hands to finish mixing it together until it forms a dough.
- Fold in blueberries. Try not to over-mix.
- Flatten the dough into a 3x3 inch square. Cut it diagonally to form two triangles.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes on a greased pan.
- Drizzle with glaze just before serving.
So who are you going to share the second scone with?
May 18th, 2012
If you're eating vegan on a budget, then buying in bulk is a great way to save. This deal is for 7.2[...]
May 14th, 2012
I can't even tell you how thankful I am for everyone's help in reaching my goal of 500[...]
May 5th, 2012
Have you ever tried serving a vegan meal for a group of non-vegans? Sunday was London's 3rd b[...]