Extra-Chewy Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
For Christmas, I made homemade gift baskets for my family. One of the things I made were these cookies. I layered all of the dry ingredients in a jar and decorated it, then attached a little tag with the directions. Everyone loved them!
These cookies are absolutely addicting. They are SO chewy and perfect for dipping in dairy-free milk. After you try these cookies, you can throw away all of your other chocolate chip cookie recipes because you won’t be needing them anymore.
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar (or other sweetener, such as NuNaturals Stevia Baking Blend)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk (for added nutrition, try So Delicious Almond Plus)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir everything together... you may have to use your hands to get it all mixed in!
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
One Response to Extra-Chewy Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
May 18th, 2012
If you're eating vegan on a budget, then buying in bulk is a great way to save. This deal is for 7.2[...]
May 14th, 2012
I can't even tell you how thankful I am for everyone's help in reaching my goal of 500[...]
May 5th, 2012
Have you ever tried serving a vegan meal for a group of non-vegans? Sunday was London's 3rd b[...]