Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi…..mmmm
As of the time of this posting, this is probably my most favorite recipe on TiaTofu.com…
My aunt made a fruit pizza for Easter yesterday, which was my reason for making one today. YummmmM!
I’ve been meaning to post this recipe I have for the best sugar cookies ever. It’s my dad’s recipe, veganized by me of course.
Every time I make sugar cookies everyone tells me how great they are. Now you can eat it in crust-form with this fruit pizza recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup So Delicious coconut milk (I used unsweetened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (I used Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese)
- Mix together in a large mixing bowl: powdered sugar, vegan butter, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and baking powder until a dough forms.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- I greased a baking sheet and pressed the dough out into a 12-inch diameter circle, so that it would fit the round dish I had. If you have a large, round baking dish it would be ideal because it may be difficult to transfer the crust from a baking sheet. You could also use a large spring form pan. If you don't mind your pizza not being round, another option is to press it into a rectangle on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 12 minutes then allow the crust to cool.
- Soften the vegan cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make it easier to spread. Spread it out evenly onto the sugar cookie crust.
- Top with your choice of fruit. Store fruit pizza in the refrigerator.
6 Responses to Fruit Pizza
May 18th, 2012
If you're eating vegan on a budget, then buying in bulk is a great way to save. This deal is for 7.2[...]
May 14th, 2012
I can't even tell you how thankful I am for everyone's help in reaching my goal of 500[...]
May 5th, 2012
Have you ever tried serving a vegan meal for a group of non-vegans? Sunday was London's 3rd b[...]