Garlic-y Potato Rounds
Little bite-size baked garlic & cheese potatoes… Want some?!
These garlic-y potato rounds are so easy to make! Just wash your potatoes really well, slice them, sprinkle with flavor, and bake.
They smell yummy while they’re baking, they taste amazing, everyone loves them… and they’ve got a lot of vitamins and minerals. Check out those nutrition facts!
If you don’t have Daiya or don’t use it- they still taste good without the “cheese”! I usually make half of the pan with Daiya and half without. The nutrition facts include the “cheese” for this recipe.
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp minced, dried garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- spray coconut oil (or other spray oil)
- 1/2 cup cheddar Daiya
- *optional: salt or garlic salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a pan with oil. Slice the potatoes into quarter-inch rounds and place them as close together as possible on the pan. I got about 10 potato slices from each potato.
- Lightly spray the tops of the potatoes with coconut oil. You could use another type of oil or spread a small amount of vegan butter on each piece if you prefer. I found the spray quicker and I prefer the taste of coconut oil.
- Mix together in a small bowl: nutritional yeast, dried garlic, garlic powder, and salt/garlic salt (if using). Sprinkle it evenly on the potato slices.
- Next, sprinkle the parsley evenly over the potato slices. Top with cheddar Daiya.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the edges of the cheddar Daiya are slightly crispy.
May 18th, 2012
If you're eating vegan on a budget, then buying in bulk is a great way to save. This deal is for 7.2[...]
May 14th, 2012
I can't even tell you how thankful I am for everyone's help in reaching my goal of 500[...]
May 5th, 2012
Have you ever tried serving a vegan meal for a group of non-vegans? Sunday was London's 3rd b[...]