*GIVEAWAY* & Review: NuNaturals Stevia Products
I’ve been on mission for quite some time to find a natural, sugar-free sweetener that could replace sugar in my recipes. I don’t like using a lot of sugar, but I don’t want everything to taste boring, either. I felt like I’d tried it all and while some worked okay, they were either way too expensive or only worked in certain recipes.
I randomly came across a brand called NuNaturals, which claimed to make stevia (a natural, sugar-free, zero-calorie sweetener) sweeteners that didn’t have a bitter after-taste. This seemed too good to be true, and honestly, it was going to probably be my last attempt for a long time to try to replace sugar completely. NuNaturals has so many options to choose from that I didn’t know where to start, so I emailed them to ask for a sample to review on my blog. To my wonderful surprise, this is what they sent me to review:
- NuStevia White Powder Packets
- MoreFiber Stevia Baking Blend
- NuStevia Pure White Stevia Extract
- Pure Liquid Clear Stevia
- NuStevia NoCarbs Blend
- Cocoa Bean Extract
- Vanilla Stevia Alcohol-Free
- Alcohol-Free Stevia liquid
(Click on any of the links above to see the Amazon price or to order. As of the time I am typing this, some of these have specials going on for the Subscribe & Save Amazon program!)
If you enjoy cooking and creating recipes, you’ll understand just how exciting it was to receive this package full of products I’ve never used before! I’ve been cooking and creating with these products for several weeks now and I love them; I really couldn’t be more happy to have found this brand. I’ve been suggesting these sweeteners in recipes I create in hopes that you will try it and see how easy it is to cut out tons of sugar in your diet.
As far as cost of these products goes- My first thought was “That seems kind of expensive for what seems like not a lot of product…” Well, I am so happy to say that I was very wrong. For example: the NuStevia NoCarbs Blend is only 3.5 oz. However, Stevia is so much sweeter than sugar. I use 1/8th of a teaspoon of this stuff in each frappuccino I make, and I make at least 2 per day (one for me, and one for my fiancée ). I have been using this for several weeks now and my bottle isn’t even half gone! And the liquid stevia… you measure it in drops. The liquid stevia will definitely last a long time as well.
The vanilla stevia and cocoa bean extract are AWESOME. They add a really great flavor to recipes. I lovelovelove the vanilla stevia taste in my recipe for Vanilla Sparkling Grapefruit Juice. I also switch up my frappuccino recipes by adding either NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia or Cocoa Bean Extract to it, and it tastes wonderful.
If you’ve never tried NuNaturals before and want to give it a shot, I know it can be overwhelming to decide which products to try first. I’ll make it easy for you and tell you which ones I think are the top three absolute must-haves:
- NuNaturals NuStevia NoCarbs Blend. I like this one best with coffee and I probably use this one the most. It really works well in anything and it lasts a long time. I now use this daily in either my 30-Calorie Venti Frappuccino or my 40-Calorie Venti Hazelnut Frappuccino.
- NuNaturals NuStevia White Powder Packets. I used this in my 40-Calorie Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, and you would never know that it wasn’t sugar. It’s sweet and yummy, without the calories and sugars. This will also last a long time, and you only need 1 packet for this ice cream recipe. It’s perfect for sweetening hot or iced tea as well.
- MoreFiber Stevia Baking Blend. This works wonderfully in baking! You can use it just like sugar and instantly reduce or eliminate sugar in any baked goods. I used it for my Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes, making the cake itself sugar-free (aside from any natural sugars in the lemon juice). I also used it in my Extra-Chewy Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies to reduce the amount of sugar in the cookies.
It’s really hard to pick just three, because now that I’ve tried these I know that I’ll always keep them all on hand. When I find a product that I know is really great, I always recommend it. Because honestly, I am not brand-loyal to all that many products. NuNaturals is now one of the products that I absolutely cannot live without! I’m almost as excited to tell you all how much I love these products as I am to have finally found a sugar substitute that I’m happy with. This stuff is quality. I can tell that they really take pride in their products… and I <3 that about this company.
NuNaturals GIVEAWAY! *FOUR* winners!
Lucky you! As I was typing this I received an email from Ron, The “Sugar-Free Poppa,” who told me about two brand new products that they just introduced this week:
- Lemon NuStevia Liquid, Alcohol Free, 2 oz Bottle
- Orange NuStevia Liquid, Alcohol Free, 2 oz Bottle
I can’t wait to try these! Oh, the possibilities….
Ron has offered to give away (1) bottle each of the NEW Lemon & Orange Flavored Stevia to FOUR lucky readers! How awesome is that?! Now some of you can try a couple of the NuNaturals products and see for yourself what I’m going on and on about!
You can earn multiple entries for this giveaway. Be sure to come back and enter again tomorrow for a better chance at winning. I will be contacting the winner by email, so double check that you typed the correct email address. Enter below-
(read the instructions carefully for each entry! If you click “enter” but don’t follow the instructions, that entry will be disqualified.)
4 Responses to *GIVEAWAY* & Review: NuNaturals Stevia Products
May 18th, 2012
If you're eating vegan on a budget, then buying in bulk is a great way to save. This deal is for 7.2[...]
May 14th, 2012
I can't even tell you how thankful I am for everyone's help in reaching my goal of 500[...]
May 5th, 2012
Have you ever tried serving a vegan meal for a group of non-vegans? Sunday was London's 3rd b[...]