What? You didn’t think I’d post a recipe for special brownies?!
Day-late cheezy April Fools joke?
Well, these brownies are special… because they’re wayyy healthy!
The black beans aren’t as scary as they sound in this recipe- you can’t taste them at all! Just make sure you rinse them first. Black beans have a pretty neutral taste, so they are basically just used as a healthy filler in this recipe. The cocoa powder and sweetener are what flavor this dessert, so feel free to adjust the sweetener to your liking.
Black beans are high in protein and are a great source of iron and calcium. Top the brownies with this Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Frosting and you can enjoy this delicious dessert without any guilt! I even kid-tested them and London approved.
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup NuNaturals Stevia Baking Blend (you could replace this with sugar or use another sweetener to taste, however, I recommend using this stevia in order to cut down on calories and refined sugars)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened So Delicious coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (or other oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- *1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- *1/4 cup diary-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse the black beans, oats, cocoa powder, and baking powder in your food processor until it turns into a flour-like powder (there shouldn't be any bean pieces left)
- Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl and add coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and sweetener. Mix well. Stir in optional ingredients if you are using them.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan. When cooled, frost with Peanut Butter Frosting
2 Responses to Special Brownies
May 18th, 2012
If you're eating vegan on a budget, then buying in bulk is a great way to save. This deal is for 7.2[...]
May 14th, 2012
I can't even tell you how thankful I am for everyone's help in reaching my goal of 500[...]
May 5th, 2012
Have you ever tried serving a vegan meal for a group of non-vegans? Sunday was London's 3rd b[...]