Super-Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables, second only to pumpkin!
I stayed at my Aunt and Uncle’s house last weekend and we had sweet potato fries for a midnight snack. They turned out amazing so I came home to recreate the spice blend and to write it down this time!
The corn starch is used to get the outsides of the potatoes nice and crispy, while keeping the insides soft and not-dried-out.
If you don’t like your fries to be a little spicy, you can leave out the crushed red peppers and the cayenne pepper.
If you like to dip your fries, try dipping them in this Vegan Ranch Dressing! Personally, I just love all the flavors in these fries and although I dipped a few in a ranch dressing, I love them as they are!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp dried, minced garlic
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- spray coconut oil (you can substitute other oil or another spray oil)
- *optional: jalapeño sauce or other hot sauce, to taste
- *optional: salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them up into "fries."
- Place the potato pieces into a large ziplock bag and add 1/2 tbsp of corn starch. Close the bag and shake it to evenly coat the sweet potatoes. Repeat two more times being careful not to have any large clumps of cornstarch on the fries.
- Add a small amount of oil- just enough the lightly coat the fries. I used spray coconut oil. Close the bag again and shake it until they are evenly coated.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, then close the bag and shake again until they are evenly coated.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil. Lay the sweet potato fries evenly on the baking sheet, leaving space between each piece. The pieces can't be touching or they will turn out soft.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip each fry. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
May 18th, 2012
If you're eating vegan on a budget, then buying in bulk is a great way to save. This deal is for 7.2[...]
May 14th, 2012
I can't even tell you how thankful I am for everyone's help in reaching my goal of 500[...]
May 5th, 2012
Have you ever tried serving a vegan meal for a group of non-vegans? Sunday was London's 3rd b[...]